Apply by December 15 – Recent Call Bursaries to attend the 2017 Women in Criminal Law Conference
The Conference is being held Saturday, March 4, 2017, 8:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m., Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, Muskoka Ballroom, 801 Dixon Rd, Toronto
The CLA recognizes the financial challenges recent grads face associated with travel expenses to attend quality CPD programs. To help these members attend the upcoming Women in Criminal Law Conference, we will be offering:
- Up to 15 recent call members, that reside 60+KM outside of Toronto, a complimentary registration on the Saturday PLUS one nights hotel accommodation.
- Up to 5 recent call members, that reside in the Greater Toronto area, a complimentary registration on the Saturday
NEW THIS YEAR: Mark J. Sandler Professional Development Bursary
- A total of $2,000 combined is available to current CLA member Recent Calls for travel bursaries.
- A maximum of $400 per person will be extended for up to five travel bursaries.
To submit your name for one of these complimentary spots (and/or travel bursary), you must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a CURRENT female MEMBER of the CLA who has been called to the bar between 2012 and 2017. Current CLA student members can also submit, but priority will be given to recent call members.
- Acknowledge travel booking and expense (unless a travel bursary recipient) are the responsibility of the recent call and not the CLA.
- Credit card information will be collected from confirmed recipients once confirmed. Credit card will be billed only in the case the recent call does not show-up or cancel on or after February 15.
Please submit your information via the link below to apply. Confirmations for those selected will be sent in early January to the email address you provide below.
Submit by going to: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CLA2017WomenConfBursary