2017 CLA Recent Call Conference
Date: Thursday, October 26, 2017
Attention all CLA Recent Call Members (2010 and after) and Articling Students!
We are very excited to announce a conference just for you! The CLA will be offering a full-day Recent Call Conference on Thursday, October 26, 2017 in Toronto.
NOTE: Registration to the 45th Annual CLA Fall Conference is SEPARATE.
CPD hours to be confirmed at a later date.
RECENT CALL CONFERENCE DETAILS:
Thursday, October 26, 2017
- 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Professional Development – Double Tree by Hilton, Mandarin Room, 108 Chestnut St, Toronto (in person only)
8 to 8:50 a.m.: Check-in, continental breakfast and networking
8:50 to 9 a.m.: Welcome remarks
9 to 9:50 a.m.: Sentencing
- Simon Borys, Borys Law (Kingston)
- Stephen Proudlove, Proudlove Law (Toronto)
- Kabir Sharma, K. Sharma Law (Toronto)
9:50 to 10:40 a.m.: Bail
- R. Roots Gadhia, R. Roots Gadhia Roots of Law (Toronto)
- Michael Ellison, R. Roots Gadhia Roots of Law (Toronto)
- Catherine Sleightholm, R. Roots Gadhia Roots of Law (Toronto)
10:40 to 11:10 a.m.: Coffee Break
11:10 a.m. to 12 noon: Search Warrants
- Hussein Aly, Rusonik, O’Connor, Robbins, Ross, Gorham & Angelini (Toronto)
- Joshua Frost, Frost Wilson (Toronto)
- Maija Martin, Defence Lawyer (Toronto)
12 to 1 p.m.: Lunch Keynote featuring Megan Savard, Addario Law Group LLP (Toronto)
1 to 1:50 p.m.: Charter Applications – ss. 8, 9, 10 & 24(2)
- Megan Schwartzentruber, Cooper, Sandler, Shime & Bergman LLP (Toronto)
- Kim Schofield, Defence Lawyer (Toronto)
1:50 to 2:40 p.m.: Expert Witnesses
- Craig Bottomley, Pringle & Bottomley (Toronto)
2:40 to 3 p.m.: Coffee Break
3 to 3:50 p.m.: Trial Tactics & Defences
- Adam Boni, Defence Lawyer (Toronto)
- Marco Sciarra, Defence Lawyer (Toronto)
- Lori Anne Thomas, Defence Lawyer (Toronto)
3:50 to 4 p.m.: Closing remarks
- $20: Recent Call Conference for CLA members called to the bar in 2010 or after
- $20: Recent Call Conference for CLA Articling student members
- $100: Recent Call Conference for Non-members called to the bar in 2010 or after
- $70: Recent Call Conference for Non-member articling students
- $57: Women in Criminal Law Dinner and Social – Thursday, October 26, 2017, 7 to 10 p.m., A specially catered sit-down dinner and open bar being held at THE RICHMOND, 477 Richmond St. W. Suite 104, Toronto.
- FREE: CLA Hospitality Suite, Thursday, October 26, 2017, 7 to 10 p.m., Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel, 525 Bay Street, Toronto, ON (room to be confirmed). Featuring an open bar and passed canapés.
* Cancellations will be accepted in writing if received on or before October 15. Cancellations are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. A $10 admin fee will apply. No refunds will be accepted on or after October 16, 2017. Substitutions or the sharing of registrations is not accepted.
- Emond Publishing
- Doucette Santoro Furgiuele
- Elizabeth Barefoot
- Greenspan Humphrey Weinstein
- Sandberg-Williams Barristers