CLA Women’s Committee Networking Event – Tools for Marketing Strategies & Success
Date: June 18 / June 24 / July 7, 2015
- BRAMPTON – June 18, 2015, Louisiana Seafood & Steakhouse, 1 Steeles Avenue East, Brampton
- TORONTO – June 24, 2015, 6:25 to 8:35 p.m., Verity, 111d Queen Street East, Toronto
- KINGSTON – June 24, 2015, 6:25 to 8:35 p.m., Templeman Menninga LLP – Suite 401, 366 King Street East Kingston
- OTTAWA – July 7, 2015, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Glebe Ottawa (address to be provided upon registration)
Please join us for an evening of networking, dedicated to educating female defence lawyers about how to successfully market themselves and promote their services.
Presentations by Gretchen Drummie and Martha Haynes will include how to attract clients and generate referrals, how to enhance your online presence and set yourself apart from the competition, and how to create a marketing budget. Martha and Gretchen, from Advocate Daily, work directly with criminal lawyers to determine their marketing needs and successful strategies.
Events will be hosted in Toronto, Kingston, Brampton and Ottawa. Registration includes a light dinner and a glass of wine.
The CLA Women’s Committee Networking Event – Tools for Marketing Strategies and Success program to be held on or after June 18, 2015 has been accredited for 2 hr 0 min Professionalism Content.
Gretchen Drummie is the Managing Director/Editor of AdvocateDaily.com. An award-winning former journalist with 30 years in the business, Gretchen worked for a Toronto daily newspaper, where she was the Assignment Editor, Assistant City Editor and Senior Writer covering legal affairs. She has broken a number of national news stories and created investigative pieces on legal matters.
Gretchen then moved to become the Editor of Law Times legal newspaper, a publication that reaches lawyers across Ontario, where she was responsible for coverage encompassing all practice areas and writing the weekly editorial. Most recently, she was Editor of a daily newspaper on the east coast of Canada which won multiple National Newspaper Awards under her direction.
Gretchen is the founder of AdvocateDaily.com; she has put together her unique daily and trade newspaper background and deep contacts with the media to create a one-of-a-kind business. She holds an Honours degree in English from the University of New Brunswick.
Martha Haynes, Sales Director at AdvocateDaily.com, has a background in public relations and marketing on both the agency and corporate sides, as well as extensive background in selling to a sophisticated customer base. With a degree in political science from McGill University, she began her career in inbound destination management, securing citywide Toronto conventions from the U.S.
She moved on to newspaper circulation marketing, presenting the company’s products at conferences across North America as promotions manager. During her tenure, the division expanded from one account, The Toronto Star, to include five other major daily newspapers across the U.S., including The New York Times and The Boston Globe, creating a tenfold increase in revenue.
Then, as director of client services for a Toronto corporate communications company, her strategic communications abilities were recognized for excellence and on-target media coverage. Martha brings management experience dealing with international organizations across diverse industries and audiences.
BRAMPTON – open to members and non-members practicing in criminal law. Women only:
- $30 plus HST – CLA members who register on or before June 15
- $35 plus HST – CLA members who register on or after June 16
- $35 plus HST – non-members
- Click here to register for the Brampton location.
TORONTO – open to members only. Women only. Space is limited, so register soon:
- $30 plus HST – CLA members who register on or before June 19
- $35 plus HST – CLA members who register on or after June 20
- Click here to register for the Toronto location.
KINGSTON – open to members and non-members practicing in criminal law. Women only:
- Our event in Kingston is being hosted by Hilary Page. Please contact Hilary at firstname.lastname@example.org for details and to register.
OTTAWA – open to members only. Women only:
- $20 plus HST – CLA members
- Click here to register for the Ottawa location.
Cancellations must be sent by e-mail to email@example.com on or before 12 noon three business days prior to the event. Cancellations received on time will be issued a full refund minus a $10 administrative fee. No refunds after that time. No substitutions.