The Association has set up a national e-mail discussion group devoted to criminal law for the benefit of its members and the discussions on-going on this mail group are both lively and informative. This is a member only service.
To administer your CLA Listserv settings visit: http://cla.criminallawyers.ca/mailman/listinfo/members/
Join the Listserv: to activate the listserv – send an e-mail to Anthony@criminallawyers.ca requesting activation or visit http://cla.criminallawyers.ca/mailman/listinfo/members/
To disable the Listserv temporarily: You can also administer the listserv manually through http://cla.criminallawyers.ca/mailman/options/members. In Mail delivery change your setting to Disabled if you want to stay subscribed, but don't want mail delivered to you for a while (e.g. you're going on vacation). If you disable mail delivery, don't forget to re-enable it when you come back; it will not be automatically re-enabled. You can also e-mail to Anthony@criminallawyers.ca requesting re-activation.
To stop the listserv: You can administer the listserv manually through http://cla.criminallawyers.ca/mailman/listinfo/members/. You can also e-mail to Anthony@criminallawyers.ca requesting de-activation.
For vacation starts and stops, members must e-mail the office the day they want off the listserv and e-mail the off on the day they want back on the listserv.
Criminal Lawyers' Association Listserv conditions of use
By participating in the listserv maintained by the Criminal Lawyers' Association, whether by sending, receiving or reading messages, or being involved in the listserv in any other manner, I agree as follows:
- I will not send, re-send or disseminate any material that is defamatory or otherwise actionable.
- I will keep the contents of all messages that are distributed on the listserv confidential, and will not share the contents of messages with any person who is not a member of the Criminal Lawyers' Association. I understand that the other members of the Criminal Lawyers' Association rely on my undertaking as a fellow solicitor and member of the Law Society of Upper Canada to maintain confidentiality in their decision to use the listserv.
- I acknowledge that it would be impractical and undesirable for the listserv to be moderated, censored or controlled by the Criminal Lawyers' Association, its employees, officers or directors or any other third party. I agree that I will therefore be solely responsible for the contents of any message I send or disseminate, and agree that I am not relying on the Criminal Lawyers' Association or any other person to monitor, edit or control the messages that I choose to send or receive.
- I will hold the Criminal Lawyers' Association, and its directors, officers, members, employees, agents and service-providers (collectively, the "CLA") harmless and will fully indemnify the CLA in respect of any legal demands, proceedings or claims, brought against the CLA by any party, including but not limited to indemnifying the CLA for all legal costs on a full indemnity basis incurred in responding to or dealing with any such claim or demand, (a) in respect of any message I send, re-send or disseminate, or (b) which arise from of a failure on my part to keep the contents of any message confidential as set out above.
- I will not institute legal proceedings of any type against the Criminal Lawyers' Association or its officers, directors, employees, agents and service-providers, in respect of any message that is published on the listserv.
- I will not institute legal proceedings of any type against any member of Criminal Lawyers' Association in respect of any message that is published on the listserv except, and only to the extent it is necessary, to enforce the indemnification provisions set out in paragraph 4 above.