The CLA Recent Call Committee presents A View from the Bench: Civility and Advocacy for Recent Calls
Date: Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 6 to 8:30 p.m.
In person and LIVE webcast option. Open to all CLA members and legal professionals.
In person location: FCP Gallery, First Canadian Place, 100 King Street West, Toronto
Join Justices James Stribopoulos, Heather Pringle and Nyron Dwyer for a discussion on what they see from recent calls in their Court – what we’re doing well, what needs improvement, and what we should never do. A rare opportunity for recent calls to receive feedback from Judges!
- The Honourable James Stribopoulos (SCJ Brampton)
- The Honourable Heather Pringle (OCJ Toronto)
- The Honourable Nyron Dwyer (OCJ Newmarket)
- 6 to 7 p.m. Beer tasting and food
- 7 to 8 p.m. Presentation – welcome, introductions and Q&A
- 8 to 8:30 p.m. Networking
Individuals will be requested to choose between live webcast and in-person options when registering.
Advanced registration required! In person attendees must be of legal drinking age.
- CLA Members: $10 plus HST
- Non-members: $25 plus HST
Click here to register. Or call the CLA office at 416-214-9875 to register by phone. We accept Visa, MC and AMEX.
Cancellations will be accepted in writing if received by 12 noon (ET) on or before June 17. Cancellations are to be sent to [email protected] [email protected]. A $5 admin fee will apply. No refunds will be accepted on or after June 17. The substitution of registrants is not accepted unless emailed to [email protected] 36 hours prior to the event start time. The sharing of registrations is not permitted. The CLA reserves the right to alter or cancel, without prior notice, any of the arrangements relating directly or indirectly to an event, for any circumstances beyond the CLA’s reasonable control. If CLA cancels the event, registrants will be offered a full refund. Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of an event, registrants will have the option to either receive a full refund or transfer registration to the same event at the new, future date. In the case of inclement weather, unless otherwise notified by CLA, the event will still take place. When an event proceeds as planned, there will be no refunds should attendees not be able to attend as a result of weather. The CLA will also not be liable to refund registration fees should the event be impacted by a transit strike, strike lock-out, accident, civil disturbance or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control.
* We work hard to bring recent calls quality programming and networking opportunities. Your support of our efforts is very much appreciated and we hope you enjoy our programming. To help us continue with bringing quality programming, it is important that only those that register participate. The Recent Call event series has been experiencing issues with the live webcast link being shared with non-registrants. This has impacted our efforts negatively for the volunteers planning the event as was as on association finances (we pay a fee per live webcast participant). Please do NOT share the webcast link with anyone. Please note that for CPD purposes, each Live Webcast registrant MUST register individually (even if planning on watching with a group). The email address provided when registering is where the webcast details will be sent closer to the event date. Only those that register in advance can claim CPD.