|Refer an active member in January and be entered into a draw for one of three prizes!
During the month of January, any active member of CLA that refers a new active member will be entered into a draw for one of three prizes:
- Grand Prize: FREE membership renewal for 2018 & FREE 2018 Fall Conference registration (being held November 9-10)
- FREE 2018 Fall Conference registration (being held November 9-10)
- FREE 2018 Spring Conference registration (being held May 26)
How it works:
- New members must complete an Active membership application. Two active members are required to sign the membership application. Both members who sign the application will be entered into the draw.
- For every additional membership application signed by two active members, each of the names will be entered into the draw AGAIN. This means that if any active member signs five membership applications, their name will be entered into the draw FIVE times.
- Active membership applications MUST be received in the CLA office by January 31, 2018.
- The CLA office will draw the names of the prize winners on February 1, 2018. Winners will be announced in a CLA Communique.
Active (Full) Membership: If you are a practicing criminal defence lawyer in Ontario in good standing with the Law Society of Upper Canada and a significant portion of your practice is devoted to the defence of criminal charges or you are a lawyer who devotes a significant portion of your efforts to the interests of the defence bar, then you are eligible for Active membership in the Criminal Lawyers’ Association. Download application.
Active Membership pricing for the period ending March 31, 2019:
- $169.50 ($150 + $19.50 HST) – Called to the bar after January 1, 2016
- $339.00 ($300 + $39.00 HST) – Called to the bar on or before December 31, 2015