CLA Recent Call Bursary Request – Submit by September 15
The CLA will be launching its 4th Annual Recent Call Conference in early September. Details:
- Date and Time: Sunday, November 11, 2018, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Location: Double Tree by Hilton, Mandarin Room, 108 Chestnut St, Toronto (in person only)
Recent Call Conference Registration Fees (includes HST):
- $22.60: CLA members called to the bar in 2011 or after
- $22.60: CLA student members
- $113.00: Non-members called to the bar in 2011 or after
- $79.10: Non-member students
Note, Recent Call Conference registration will open in early September. The rates above do NOT include registration to the 46th Annual CLA Fall Conference happening November 9-10, 2018.
Travel and Hotel Bursary Applications
- Up to 15 Travel bursaries of up to $350 each
- Can be used towards flight, train, car rental or mileage.
- Will be reimbursed within 30-days AFTER the Recent Call conference.
- Recipients are responsible for booking their own travel.
- Up to 15 Hotel Room bursaries
- The CLA will book and pay for one nights hotel room at the Toronto Marriott Eaton Centre Hotel.
To submit your name for any of the above bursaries, you must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a active member of the CLA called to the bar in 2015 or after. Student and Observer members are NOT eligible.
- Not a conference speaker/presenter.
- Confirm within 10-days of being awarded the bursary if accepting or not.
If you are interested in being considered for a bursary, please submit your interest by going to https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2018CLARecentCallBursary.
Confirmations for those selected will be sent by no later than September 30 by email.